“Our actions should be based on the ever-present awareness that human beings in their thinking, feeling, and acting are not free but are just as causally bound as the stars in their motion.” ~ Albert Einstein
When we accept less than perfect love into our souls then we are infecting ourselves with negative energy which we must then work to transform into positive. We do not need to accept that which does not benefit us. One of many stories attributed to the Buddha tells of any angry man who approached the Buddha and began to harass him, insult him, and provoke him. The Buddha asked the man if he had any friends and family. The man responded that he did. The Buddha asked him if he ever gave any gifts to his friends. The man said that he did. The Buddha asked him what he would do if a friend refused the gift he gave. The man replied that he would bring the gift home to his family and enjoy it with them. The Buddha then said, “So it is with you today. You have brought me a gift which I choose not to accept.” This is how the Buddha lovingly taught the man that what is offered to us by others is not what we have to accept.
Lately I have been using a form of affirmation that I never used before. I would like to share it with you as I have found it very powerful in my life. Love is greater than fear. We are always offered either love or fear by others and we always offer either love or fear to others. Using these new affirmations is reminding me of what I want to accept into my soul and offer to others.
- I accept only love, compassion, and peace into my heart.
- I offer only love, compassion, and peace to others.
- I accept only courage, inspiration, and action for myself.
- I offer only encouragement, inspiration, and help to others.
- I accept only happiness and joy for myself.
- I offer only happiness and joy to others.
- I accept only love and respect for myself.
- I offer only love and respect to others.
- I accept only abundance and wealth for myself.
- I offer only abundance and wealth to others.
- I accept only generosity of spirit.
- I offer only generosity of spirit.
- I accept only perfect health and vibrance in my physical body.
- I offer only perfect health and vibrance to others.
- I recognize only the divine in myself.
- I recognize only the divine in others.
We are in this body at this time for only a short while, but we can have an impact on the growth of our spiritual consciousness. We can raise each other up or tear each other down. We can accept only that which benefits and give only that which empowers love. When you look in the mirror in the morning repeat these affirmations while looking into your own eyes and know how valuable you are to the enlightenment of all beings. Offer only what you would offer to your most beloved and accept only what you would want for your most beloved, for you are most beloved.
Imagine that you walk into a restaurant by yourself. You walk over to a table of strangers and one of them stands up. What does s/he say to you? How do you respond? Are any words exchanged? What happens?